Saturday, March 17, 2012

Living in the presents

I just had a fantastic morning. Awesome! I woke up feeling rested!  Then I snuggled with Randy and my dog and made my way over to the blender I've been using every day.  Ever since I found out I have hypoglycemia and that it has a profound effect on my life, I've been making efforts to be more healthy.  And every morning for the last week, I've started my day with a fruit, greek yogurt, and flax seed smoothie.  Doesn't sound as great as it is, but it's truly quite delish.

Last week we celebrated our first wedding shower. (pictures to come).  I was incredibly touched by those who drove several hours, planned, cleaned etc for everything involving this day.  My Aunt Deloris, Aunt Shirley, Mama and my mom drove all the way from Charleston to spend the weekend with me. I was already feeling spoiled.  We also received so many presents I don't know what to do with them all.  We have them piled in the extra bedroom until we can figure that out.

The amount of joy seeing everyone and spending time reflecting on the wedding really helped with the insanity of the past couple of weeks.  It's nice that in life there are those bright spots that help us to re prioritize.

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment