Monday, September 19, 2011

A Little More about Us...

I never really understood what "marrying your best friend" means. I'd always been sort of fooled by the idea that it was kind of a mystery and that there was no possible way to  be married to someone that you loved and you wanted to "hang out with" as often as everyday or forever.  Then came Randy.

Randy is everything I've always wanted in a husband. (not knowing exactly what one is...lol) He tells me often that he is terrible at "relationship stuff", but he really isn't.  He's actually pretty great...possibly better than I am (don't tell him this).  He's always there when I need him, and supportive.  He's so much fun and so much ridiculous. I think the biggest surprise I've found living with him hasn't been the run of the mill, who cleans what and how we can get along stuff, it's been how much we laugh together.  For instance, if you know Randy at all you know how much he loves free anything.  He keeps coming home from college with free water bottles. I think we might have gotten 4 new ones in the last couple of weeks.  I told him he wasn't allowed anymore. Sounds pretty simple, but it had us laughing for a good solid 20 minutes...we are also pretty easy to entertain.

We've done a lot of ridiculous stuff together and lot of stuff that has required "Team Mirger" (yes that is the combination of our two last names...don't worry, I'll be a Miller we both won't become Mirger's).  It's required us to team up and get stuff done.  After the purchase of the condo and many other details we've had to figure out together, we've discovered that we're a team.

Dating and now marrying Randy also means I've been able to get to know his family.  I've spent the most time with Randy's brother Doug (also his best man).  The relationship that the two of them have is hilarious.  Randy talks about how he used to beat up Doug all of the time to make him tough.  I'm not sure it worked, because they are both pretty sweet guys.  It's pretty rare to see two grown brothers hug each other as they are walking around town. Unless you are with Doug and Randy.  I actually hate when people say it's weird that I still hold my mom's hand in the store. :) I don't think there is an age limit on affection.
This weekend we went to the local VFW for spaghetti.  The three of us enjoyed the ridiculousness of the smoke filled bar, the happy vets and their families and some good solid spaghetti. My favorite was the garlic bread!

These days things have been pretty interesting.  It seems something new comes along every day.  For instance, in typical Randy style, we aren't doing any of the wedding planning stuff in order.  This weekend we bought his wedding band, which I think is on the "one month before your wedding list".  It was one of those, yup that's it moments.  Randy and I had been looking, we knew he that he liked the Tungsten rings and then we found this ring:

And it fit, which meant that we could just buy it on the spot and have one less thing to do later.  My band, on the other hand, has been a challenge.  All of the bands that match my rings are super blinging diamonds.  I had always imagined that I would wear a simple band and stop wearing my engagement ring after we were married.  So I'm looking for a scattered diamond band, where there are much less diamonds. You would think that it would be cheaper right?  Wrong, the only band I liked was way too much!  So, I'm still looking.  Thankfully I have plenty of time.

Next Post:  We decided where we are having the wedding :)  And planning has begun!


2 comments:

  1. After looking at a TON of different jewelers for my band (and Dan's, actually), we both ended up getting ours from Bella Cosa. They're the ones that modified my ring so I could wear a normal band, they clean my ring for me every time we go in there, and the girl we work with - Megan - is AMAZING. A bit of a trip since you're in the city now, but I say totally worth it!http://www.bellacosajewelers.com/

    ReplyDelete