Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Palmer House and the beginning of the planning

Our very good friends invited us on a weekend at the Palmer House in Chicago.  I have to tell you that there is a charm and charisma that cannot be compared with anywhere else I've stayed.  Maybe it's because of the old-school pictures of movie stars adoring all of the walls, or the opulent decorative staircases and seating everywhere.  But it's lovely and romantic and the perfect setting to our first weekend as an engaged couple.

I actually worked Saturday morning and then headed downtown to meet Laura and Aaron.  We were able to check in and take a dip in their pool and hot tub, which being the second week on the new job, was exactly what I needed.  

Randy and I went to Berghoff's and because I had never been there.  I have to say it's absolutely awesome.  I hadn't had German food until a couple of months ago when Meredith was showing us the 40th condo we wanted to look at.  And I have to say I am a pretty big fan.




We checked out Navy Pier for the very last day of fireworks, which was a special moment because we passed the boat we had just gotten engaged on and viewed some of the same fireworks we had seen earlier that week.  It was like getting to celebrate it all over again!

Once we got back, reality set in. We need to figure out our wedding!

 We've asked just a handful of our bridal party if they would be a part of our day because some of our plans have changed :)  We had originally talked about having a destination wedding.  Right now a bunch of things are up in the air.  As soon as we have more figured out I will be glad to post.  


What we do know is that at some point we are going to be in Charleston SC celebrating with my very big and very loving family.  My parents live there now and it just seemed to makes sense to do some kind of celebration out that way.






Next Post:  Looking up potential reception sites

No comments:

Post a Comment