Friday, September 16, 2011

Setting Goals First

   So instead of talking about reception sites I thought I'd share a revelation I had about weddings when was driving home from Kelly's last night.  I think I’ve realized that I don’t dislike weddings, but weddings make me feel pressured.  I think that because there is so much riding on weddings for so many people (that it’s so important) I get so nervous that I am going to do something wrong or disappoint someone.  I feel that way with my own wedding.  It’s something that I am working on.  Taking on what I think everyone is expecting instead of just doing what I want to do and being satisfied.  I’ve been feeling that way at work too.  Putting a lot of pressure on myself that is completely unnecessary.  Randy has been great dealing with this, but I have to find a solution, a way to relax.  I’ve started by trying to set attainable goals. And try not to keep reaching for some ideal or perfection. 

So I thought I do that for my wedding too.
So here’s my vision:  To have a wedding that is low maintenance, I can invite my closest family and friends, and where we can celebrate our marriage.




    My goals are to:
           Keep the budget near to $10K for the Chicago wedding/reception
           Keep the invite list (Chicago) under 130 people
           Find a venue for ceremony and reception where people can be
           comfortable, get well fed, and enjoy each other’s company
           Keep the work/cost for myself, my family and my friends minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment